Wednesday, February 23, 2005

that was how it started. this is how it ends.

if i knew then what i know now
i guess i would have still have loved you
(did you love me, did you know how?)
it’s funny but i love you now
just like i loved you then, i can’t pretend
but that was how it started, this is how it ends

and i’ve been on a steady downward slide
but now i’m sick and tired of sick and tired
it’s time to make things right
it’s fine, i’m thinking of myself and mine
and me, not you or them or anybody else

ashamed to say i feel this way
i was a fool to think that i could fool you
(did you get healed, how does it feel?)
shower me in autumn rain
the gift you send my soul to mend
that was how it started, this is how it ends
that was how it started, baby, this is how it ends.
(it’s ending here)

"that was how it started, this is how it ends"
cinematic