Thursday, April 24, 2003

it was a realisation while doing countless dead lifts during the back exercises of a body pump class yesterday:

there's eternal common sense type wisdom and life help in the songs of right said fred, and they encourage self-esteem, dropping labels, trusting in feelings.

don't believe me? read their lyrics closely.

self-esteem, self worth & achieving goals:
stand up (for the champions)

"i was built to be the best
number one and nothing less
leave me to my destiny
i have waited patiently
i have vision' oh i believe
i know i can count on me

(...)

it's just life that's how it is
cause we have our strength and weaknesses

and when i fall down
i have to pick myself back up"



trusting in feelings:
i know what love is

"there ain't a quick fix to a slow heartbreak
there ain't a good feeling in a bad mistake
but i know when it feels right

i know what love is what love is what love is
and i know what love is like

there ain't another song like avalon
when the lights are off to turn you on
i know what love is like

love is like a bed i make it every day
love is like a breeze that blows you away
love is like a wish and love is like song
love is like a thought that spins you along
i know what love is like"



feeling good and desirable in your own skin:
i'm too sexy

i'm too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirt
so sexy it hurts
and i'm too sexy for milan too sexy for milan
new york and japan
and i'm too sexy for your party
too sexy for your party
no way i'm disco dancing

i'm too sexy for my car too sexy for my car
too sexy by far
and i'm too sexy for my hat
too sexy for my hat what do you think about that



friend- & mateship:
you're my mate

"i'll tell you what i think
i think she's a cow
she's let you down too many times now
let's go for a drink forget it for now
put it behind you i think it's your round
coz you're my mate and i will stand by you
you're my mate and i will stand by you
and in the face of things that could hurt you
you're my mate and i will stand bye you

i'll tell you what i think
i think he's a pain
he ain't got a car but he drives you insane
let's go for a drink and sink a few
enough about him let's talk about you
coz you're my mate and i will stand by you
you're my mate and i will stand by you
and in the face of things that could hurt you
you're my mate and i will stand bye you"



quitting talking when it's all been said:
don't talk just kiss

"ooh yeah, there's people there's love
you and i both apply to the above
the one and only reason is fun fun fun
well baby, we've only just begun

don't talk just kiss
we're beyond words and sound
don't talk just kiss
let your tongue fool around
let's fool around"


he. :)