Monday, July 01, 2002

Friday Five. It's only Monday, after all.

When was the last time you...

1. ...sent a handwritten letter?
the last time i wrote an extensive post card (which in my book is a quasi-letter) was when i fixed a package for my boy, in april.

2. ...baked something from scratch or made something by hand? the last time i baked was saturday night. i made a tin of fuckin awesome midnight brownies after a recipe from shauny and a self invented, terribly patriotic black-red-gold (sort off) striped marble cake for the world cupo BBQ. Strangely enough, the red stripes actually didn't taste all that bad. The last thing aesthetically pleasing thing i made by hand lately was probably packing some pressies for a friend of my mothers, two weeks ago.

3. ...camped in a tent? 14 years ago, at my goodbye trip from primary school in 1988. I'm not a big fan of tents.

4. ...volunteered your time to church, school, or community? I regularly volunteer at my local Planned parenthood, even though I had to significantly cut down my hours lately. I jkust am not in a position where I can afford to work for free, or at all besides school. And the atmo there has suffered immensely lately, too. Not a good place to volunteer at the moment, much too stressful.

5. ...helped a stranger? I regularly go up to lost looking tourists in the street asking whether I can help in any way, does that count?
That aside, I am terribly kind and help women with strollers or old ladies on buses or the tram at all times.