Monday, February 18, 2002

Got my computer back, and the baby is working quite nicely again, even though I need to adjust to the tiny little changes.

However, turning him on, I had to discover that ALL MY FILES WEREN'T THERE.
A brief, albeit intense panic came over me, and I called the repair shop and calmly inquired as to what happened to them (because, like Bobo commented, a motherboard mishap should not endanger the content of the harddrive in any way) and -like expected- found out the idiots had forgotten to put the not quite PG-13 and intensely personal content of "caro's files" back where they belong and had kept them on their computersystem were my files rested while they worked on the hardware.
I was offered to either drag my computer back to them, or to pick my files up on CD-Rom tomorrow. Opted for the latter, not just because dragging the baby through town just sucks, but also because having my files as of Thursday on CD-ROM once and for all isn't too bad of a start of having some -you know- back up.

Feels strange, this empty computer. I can't wait to get my files back. Still missing my Radiohead mp3's.