Saturday, May 19, 2001

Bono is god.

I just watched CNN's WorldBeat which had a special feature on U2, and geez, I thought I was over Bono. But I am not. It's ten years of being in lust with that man this year, and yes, he has lost some of his charisma, his blue eyes aren't as shiny as before, he has become the yucky rockstar he joked about 5 years ago, he has aged visibly and those violet glasses aren't exactly pretty, but there is something about this man that I can't resist. I confess it.

Think of me whatever you want. Call me boring, average, whatever, but U2 is still in the top 3 of my fave bands. It's not just loyality or nostalgia. It's not just clinging to the past. Hearing Bono sing....well, yes, something as used up and often repeated as "One" or something as kitschy and cliché as "Walk on"...it just does *something* to me.

I know. I know. I know. At least I am not proud of it. :)