Friday, April 04, 2003

friday five.

1. how many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life?
6. my parent's house. the flat i shared in unitown when i first started uni. the flat in unitown where i currently live.
for shorter periods of time, i've lived in my host family's house in christchurch, new zealand, evan's parent's house in melbourne and evan's new house.

2. which was your favorite and why?
while i like my parent's home, i like my current flat most: it's comfy, home, mine, centrally located, and just cool. i could do with a bath tub, though. and flatmates would be nice, too, but that's impossible here.

3. do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? why?
stressful. when moving from the shared flat into this one, we totally miscalculated the effort involved in renovating this place, and the day we had booked the moving truck, nothing was packed. my dad and i were still laying new carpet when my mom and two of my friends packed and drove my stuff here. that's never going to happen ever again.

4. what's more important, location or price?
it's a mix of both. living in the middle of the city centre right now, i know i'll find it hard to ever not life in such a great location. however, sometimes it's just not affordable. which this place thankfully is though.

5. what features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)?
good sized yard and porches and an outdoor entertainment area wit bbq. great location in a cool neighbourhood. oversized bathtub with spa. built-in-robes. wooden floors. high ceilings. character.